Wednesday, November 7, 2007

How It All Got Started

I've always liked cell phone games. The first mobile phone I had was a Nokia 952 and I loved snake. It was a great help when you arrived too early to a meeting and had to wait for a while.

Now, I know cell phones started supporting java based games several years ago, but I never thought on making one. However, about a couple weeks ago, a co-worker told me he had been looking for a free Backgammon for his cell phone and had not found any. I figured I could do one fairly easily and, with some luck, even make some money out of it.

Why I'm I writing about this? ... well, I don't really know. I guess you guys can suggest great features for the games I end up developing and can even buy some of the games. I think it can help other people overcome the obstacles I find along the way too. So far, I'm concerned of how I will send the end product to the customer in a secure way and without allowing piracy to eat my business. I'm also concerned of how to charge the customer and receive the money. Since I'm from and live in El Salvador, getting money online to my bank account can be quite difficult.

Anyway, if everything works out as planned, I will end up having a set of fully functional, first quality, fun packed mobile games. I will also have everything set up for them to be sold online (hopefully without spending more money than I get in the process). Even if it doesn't work quite as planned, I know it'll be a lot of fun.

No comments: